• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Military Bulldozer X3

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I've been sort of aimless after finishing the Jug, didn't know what to do, nothing jumping out at me.

Mike called checking in with me and while perusing over the stash, aimlessly. I pulled out the Mirror Models US Bulldozer.

h2888d05_2015-06-26.jpg

h9ce7f01.jpg

Think I got some reference shots of it in service in Korea somewhere. :D

3-16-2006-15.jpg

That's my Dad standing next to it.

Happy Birthday Daddy :love

I'm going to get this fixed up to display along with the Korea Sherman I did a while back. Hope to have it show ready for next years AMPS show in Sumter SC.

:frantic

Come on and follow along and help me pound this out. :soldier

Military Bulldozer

:popcorn :drinks
Looks like yer Dad was havin some fun :good:

:D

He had more fun on bulldozers than anything, ok playing poker also. I've got several shots of dozers in Korea, I asked if any armor was ever around he said sure, it was everywhere. I'm like :smack "Why didn't you take any pictures of it!?" He said, "I wasn't interested in that stuff." :facepalm

Military Bulldozer

Such great pictures! Yeah I'll follow along.

:popcorn

Military Bulldozer

Thanks guys, well y'all have set the bar high for me so I better deliver.

One thing I liked about the old Monogram kits is they sometimes told you what the part is you're working on. I'm pretty sure this is the pony engine but I could be wrong. Got to dig up more photos to see what's up.

Anyway, I realized this is my first Mirror Models kit, instructions are ok, found some hand written changes and inserts. This will be a challenge...:soldier

I think I counted 16 parts on this assembly. :gogo

ha5576ed.jpg

Little rough with the glue but it'll be covered up with grease and muck, thinking i'm going to be painting and weathering as we go.

Back