• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fabricating /Detailing miniatures and figures.

alex wence de leon

Master at Arms
Installing a 1/9th scale motorcycle kickstand (jiffy stand).

ks00.jpg

ks01.jpg

ks02.jpg

Thank you.

alex wence de leon

Kickstand down holding up weight of miniature motorcycle.
ks03.jpg

New saddle sculpted from two-part epoxy putty.
Black vinyl part (left) used as sculpting mold.
sad00.jpg

Thank you

alex wence de leon

Great looking work Alex, thanks for this. How long you been working on this bike?

Good question and thank you for asking.

I have been working on this project, on and off for the past 3 to 4 years.

I have these in-progress photos posted and the oldest one is dated back in 2009.

Fabricating and installing fenders and fender struts.
fend000.jpeg

fend001.jpeg

fend002.jpeg

fend003.jpeg

fend004.jpeg

Boy howdy! Outstanding work Alex.

I know you scratch build the majority of your parts, tell me about that chain please? I have a large Harley I'd like to do for my Brother in Law but the single piece chain just doesn't do it for me.

Boy howdy! Outstanding work Alex.

I know you scratch build the majority of your parts, tell me about that chain please? I have a large Harley I'd like to do for my Brother in Law but the single piece chain just doesn't do it for me.

Good question.

I use the 1/12th scale photo etch chain detail sets made for the 1/12th scale Tamiya Motorcycle kits.

The "large" motorcycle you are talking about is 1/6th scale, I believe and could not mix with the 1/12th scale sets.

I could be wrong and have not yet investigated the difference in scale.

gc01.jpeg

Thanks for asking.

alex wence de leon

Back