• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What a difference 50 years make.

alex wence de leon

Master at Arms
A couple of airbrushes in my collection.

tdt418.jpg

That Binks is pretty airbrush.

I haven't seen the Xtreme Patriot, the little knob on the bottom, regulate airflow maybe?

That Binks is pretty airbrush.

I haven't seen the Xtreme Patriot, the little knob on the bottom, regulate airflow maybe?

Yes, that is an airflow control. This is the latest AB from badger. I picked it up a couple of months ago. It is easy to clean, but I have had a couple of issues with it. Thanks for asking.

Interesting that Badger added an airflow adjustment. I have used the little valve that Pasche makes that goes between the hose and airbrush for years. The Patriot looks like a newer version of the Krome I have.

I cleaned out, reshaped and polished the bottom of the paint cup on my Krome like I did with my ancient LG100. Makes it where the paint will all flow out and where the cup is easier to clean out. I will post some photos of how my airbrushes look now if Alex will post a photo of the bottom of the paint cup in his new airbrush.

I have also had my Krome completely apart, including the rear teflon paint seal down in the airbrush body. Not really difficult at all to remove (with the correct tool). But if reinstalled even slightly in an incorrect manner, the seal can be easily damaged, which is why Badger insists on it being replaced at the factory.

Interesting that Badger added an airflow adjustment. I have used the little valve that Pasche makes that goes between the hose and airbrush for years. The Patriot looks like a newer version of the Krome I have.

It looks more like an upgraded Patriot Paul, I got both, Krome and Patriot and I find myself reaching for the Patriot more often because the open handle. You can remove the needle without removing the handle.

Back